Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I slept with Buzz Lightyear

Having 7 children in the house for a couple of months until one of them leaves on his mission, has necessitated moving "Jack-Jack" back into our bedroom. His little toddler bed is in one corner and he stays on it, sort of.  We will often find him in our bed in the morning..(or find ourselves being kicked in the head in the middle of the night.)

Recently his sleep schedule is very off.  He's not sleepy enough to want a nap in the early afternoon but will often fall asleep at 5:00 pm, sleep for a couple of hours and then not want to go to bed until midnight or later. Having teenagers home, not in school (snow days) and staying up late doesn't help because if they are up having fun he thinks he should be too.)

So... A few nights ago, "Roger" was on TDY, which is some Army acronym. I don't know what it stands for but it means away from home.  "Jack-Jack" had had a late nap and didn't want to go to sleep.  I, on the other hand, could keep my eyes open no longer and fell asleep at around 1:00 am.  He must have gotten bored and brought some toys and books into my bed because in the middle of the night I found my self crowded between a lot of hard toys and the baby.  And much to my dismay every time I tried to move or roll over, I'd push one of the buttons on that stupid Buzz Lightyear toy and hear "To Infinity and Beyond" or "Star Command, this is Buzz Lightyear." or some annoying space music. And you know when you are annoyed in the night but to sleepy to really do anything about it...well, that's how I was.  Just annoyed but not awake enough to think of moving the stupid thing. So I spent an uncomfortable night sleeping with Buzz Lightyear.

3 comments:

  1. Haha... slept with buzz light year- tisk tisk.
    I HATE when I am too tired to change what is annoying- but still feel annoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you are tired when you just keep rolling over on Buzz Lightyear instead of throwing him out of bed! :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the names of your books in progress! I am happy you've started a blog. I hope I don't accidently slip and call you by name, since you don't want to make yourself known :)

    ReplyDelete